BIKE NIGHT THURSDAY AUGUST 28
WE ARE PLANNING FOR SOME PLEASANT WEATHER FOR THURSDAY AND WE WILL COMBINE CHOPPER NIGHT AND TOURING NIGHTS TOGETHER. BRING OUT YOUR BIKES AND MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS.
I recently had some time while on vacation to reflect on what bike nights are all about. We were completing the main part of journey by taking the ferries to the San Juan Islands which would eventually take us to Vancouver Island.
We had the chance to talk to some very nice people that were waiting for the ferries and learn about their machines, travel plans and their places of travel origin. Once on the ferries, the conversations continued as we learned about each others diverse types of riding, choice of motorcycles and stories from the road.
This is when it occurred to me that this is what bike night is all about. We are all travelers who arrive at a destination where we talk to people about the bikes and relate our experiences and views in a short window of opportunity and continue on with our journey.
It is from these experiences that we learned of the three, 30 something group of two gals and a guy riding dual sport bikes. They are life time friends who have enjoyed the thrill of riding motorcycles together since their early teens. The learning point being, that I don’t ride sport bikes and thoroughly enjoyed learning about them and their adventures.
Bring you stories and adventures to bike night soon.
The next event for the CVMG-RMS is the Millarville swap meet Sept 7, 08 at the Millarville race track.
- AUG 28 CHOPPER NIGHT
- AUG 28 TOURING BIKE NIGHT
- SEPT. 7 (see map) MILLARVILLE SWAP MEET 10 A.M. TO 3 P.M. IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN THERE, YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT. IT’S A GREAT SUNDAY RIDE AND THE PARKING LOT (MOTORCYCLE EYE CANDY) IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE SWAP MEET. Admission is $3.00. that’s less than the price of a beer and more fun. There is also a food stand on site.
- CALL 274-7899 25.00 PER TABLE INFO www.cvmg-rms.ca
- SEPT 4 BMW NIGHT
- SEPT 11 TWO STROKE NIGHT. BRING THEM ALL, SINGLES, TWINS AND TRIPLES.
- SEPT 18 MEET AND GREET FOR EVERYONE TO TELL ALL OF OUR SUMMER RIDE STORIES. PLEASE BRING PICTURES AS PROOF OF YOUR RIDE.
- Sept 28 Sunday Sept 28 is the VRRI RIDE AND RALLY.
SEE YOU THERE
CALGARY THURSDAY BIKE NIGHT
AT THE DUB 16 AVE AND 4 ST N.W.