Millarville Swap Meet Sept 13, 2009 / Seventh Annual
The Millarville Swap meet is on Sunday Sept 13 at the Millarville race track. Doors Open 10. A.M. TO 3 P.M. We have a good selection of tables booked and still have some room for more.
THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE THE BEST ONE TO DATE FOR THE MILLARVILLE SWAP MEET.
Call Bobby 230-9269 to book. It’s inside and as always there is lots to see and buy inside as well check the bikes that are ridden to the event.
AUG 20, We finally had a beautiful Thursday Night for the bikes to roll out to Bike Night on Aug 20. There was a great selection of bikes to view including a Suzuki Gamma 500. Many, many more to see there. I hope to see you next Thursday.
ON A PERSONAL NOTE:
My wife and I were riding from Calgary to Kelowna in early August on our Victory Vision. It was a hot 37C day. We approached the Rogers pass summit and thought it prudent to fill up with gas. Well there was none to be had. I was reminded that there was a shortage as seen and heard on the news. I wasn’t aware of this as I was working the evening shift that week and totally missed out on the news.
It becomes evident that we have to push through to Revelstoke and hope to make it. We make it 6 km from Revelstoke and we run out of gas. Being stuck on a corner, on the side of the road with a very narrow shoulders not working well for us. Did I mention the 37C. After many bikes, Trucks with bikes in the back, cars with trailers with gas cans on the back and trucks with boats and gas cans, passing by WITHOUT STOPPING. I’m starting to get a little nervous about being able to get a ride or gas.
I NOW KNOW, WE CAN GO 417 KM ON A TANK.
I remember someone mentioning that a Suzuki rider on QE 2 had the same problem a while ago. Just when we are losing faith in our fellow Calgarians, Albertans and countrymen passing by, we are graced with 2 Humboldt Saskatchewan motorcycle riders who stop and lend assistance. TED ON A HARLEY and DALE ON A VICTORY. They take Wendy to Revelstoke to get gas, stand by her side and bring her back in the 37C heat. Well to say the least we were, and still are impressed. We managed to track them down via the Humboldt Chamber of Commerce and returned the favour via a gift certificate at their local restaurant to buy a beer and a burger on us.
Thanks to TED and DALE from HUMBOLDT SASKATCHEWAN.
On Aug 27 we had over 100 bikes attend the night but also quite a few of the local Hot rods attended for the A&W Cruisen night. We weren’t aware of the this event being held on the same night as bike night so it came as a good surprise. The car people and bike people all had a great time talking about the selection of Road eye candy in the lot. See you next week.
- SEPT 3 Meet and Greet
- SEPT 10 NORTON NIGHT. FOR THE LOVERS OF BRITISH TWINS. THESE SWEET SOUNDING MACHINES ARE A TREAT TO SEE AND HEAR.
- SEPT 17
- SEPT 13 IS THE MILLARVILLE SWAP MEET 10 A.M. – 3 P.M. AT THE MILLARVILLE RACE TRACK To book tables call 403-230-9269
- You can meet BIKE NIGHT friends there on Thursday nights and get the 15% discount on food.
- Calgary CVMG You can check out the CVMG-RMS group. They (we) meet monthly on the third Tuesday of every month at the Chaplehow Legion 606 38 Ave N.E. @ 7 P.M. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO OWN A VINTAGE BIKE to attend or join the group. You just have to have an interest or enthusiasm for motorcycles.
- I’m sorry to add a note that we at bike night have been asked to exclude a rider by the name of DREW from bike night. If he attends bike night we are in the position of loosing our location. The Host has asked that he not attend our event at ALL. We will do our best to look after their interests as well as ours.
- Thanks Bobby Baum