THE OLD IRON STREET RIDE / June 25, 2011
We will meet at the A&W on 16 Ave and 4 St. N.W. Calgary on Saturday JUNE 25, 2011 at 10 A.M. for breakfast and a coffee. At 11 A.M. we will ride to a couple of pre planned locations around the Calgary area. The theme of this ride is to dress in vintage / retro motorcycle apparel that you have or can borrow. Maybe a metal flake helmet with goggles and some old riding boots.
Agenda and route:
Please ride the route that works for you. This is not a parade. The destinations and group meet ups are our goal.
Ride Safe, obey the rules of the road and have fun.
- Meet at A&W 16 Ave and 4 St. N.W.
- 11 A.M. ride north on 4 St. to 20 Ave.
- West on 20 Ave. to North bound Crowchild Trail, 1A highway
- Ride to Cochrane turn left on 5 Ave. to McDonalds
- about 12:30 leave Macdonalds and ride south to Bragg Creek Shopping Plaza
- Some riders may continue to Black Diamond
Our mission is to encourage the OLD IRON (vintage) motorcycles being ridden and visible to the public.
We welcome all makes and years of bikes on this ride. We will also encourage our out-of-town friends to join us. Future rides in July and August will be based on the success of this ride.
See you soon.
C.V.M.G. Rocky Mountain Section.